Terms & Conditions
Internet Booking Terms & Conditions
By placing an order with us you will be deemed to have read, understood and agreed to these Terms and Conditions. If you are unhappy with any aspect of these, then you should contact one of our customer service advisors by emailing us at email@example.com before placing an order with us. These Terms and Conditions and your use of our website are governed by English law and you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English court. This does not affect your non-excludable statutory rights.
This website and our Terms and Conditions have been designed for use within the United Kingdom and under UK law. Whilst we are happy to consider requests for products and enquiries from outside the United Kingdom, we give no warranty, express or implied, that the use of this website or the placing of any order through this website from outside the UK complies with any applicable non-UK laws or regulations. Accordingly, any products or promotions not permitted under your local law are not offered to you.
A Contract between the customer and Sea Life Adventure for the sale of our products will only exist once an order has been accepted. This does not affect the customer’s statutory rights. Prices and availability of goods are subject to change without notice.
Vouchers are not transferable and accordingly may not be sold or passed to any third party without prior permission. Vouchers will be retained by Sea Life Adventure at the point of sale.
Confirmation of your purchase will be emailed.
For all returns you will be required to arrange and pay for the return of the vouchers to us. To return any products to us, please: Ensure you enclose a copy of your receipt and all the vouchers you wish to return then send back to:
Customer Services Sea Life Adventure Eastern Esplanade Southend-on-Sea Essex SS1 2ER.
When returning vouchers you are strongly recommended to obtain proof of posting. We cannot accept responsibility for items lost in transit.
Payment and Taxes
We accept online payment by credit/debit card in a secure environment provided by Secure Trading. We currently accept Visa, Mastercard, Delta and Maestro. All transactions are shown in £ sterling. All prices quoted on this website are accurate at the time of publication and are quoted in pounds sterling (£) and where appropriate are inclusive of VAT at the current rate.
When you enter your credit card details if you look up at the URL of that page you will notice that it begins with https://. This means that it is on a Secure Server and all transactions that take place are encrypted between your browser and the server. Nobody is able to obtain neither your credit card details nor other information. Of equal importance is the security which surrounds the payment system. By making use of SecureTrading we have the most sophisticated online trading system available. It allows us to safely process your credit card payment with the bank, and complete the financial transactions securely behind protected firewalls. No personal or financial details are left unencrypted on a remote server, and such details are never sent by internet email. For more details about SecureTrading visit the SecureTrading website at https://www.securetrading.com. Purchase of Individual Tickets: Customers purchasing online agree to the following:
To redeem Tickets at the centre, you must present or quote your booking purchase number that you received at the end of your transaction via email, along with your credit or debit card used for purchase.
Tickets selected are as indicated and stated on final cart page. Tickets are valid for all open days in the year they are purchased. Purchases made online will not be valid beyond the end of the calendar year they are made in.
Internet bookings are non-refundable; however they are valid until the end of the year they are purchased in.
No other promotional offer or discount can be used in conjunction with online ticket sales. Total price indicated will be deducted from your chosen preferred debit or credit card.
Tickets booked online can be upgraded to Annual Passes at the customer services desk, at an extra cost, if desired during your visit.
List of exhibits is subject to change, temporary closure or exclusion with no prior warning.
The management reserve the right to withdraw or alter any of the facilities, prices or advertised items, at any time without prior notice. Guests are also informed that exhibits may be closed, temporarily withdrawn or otherwise unavailable at any time due to technical or operational reasons, power failure, capacity or inclement weather.
All Tickets are sold on the strict understanding that they are non-transferable. All Tickets are sold with the full understanding of usage and conditions.
No refunds will be given for earlier than advertised closing for reasons such as inclement weather, power failure or any situation beyond the control of Sealife Adventure. By purchasing a Sealife Adventure Annual Pass, you accept these Terms and Conditions of use. Use of these Passes is in accordance with the Centre regulations which can be obtained by telephoning 01702 442200. However, some of the Sea-Life Adventure regulations are printed here:
AN ANNUAL PASS IS ONLY VALID FOR THE CARD HOLDER; OF WHICH A PHOTOGRAPH IS STORED ON OUR COMPUTER SYSTEMS. MISUSE WILL RESULT IN THE ANNUAL PASS BEING WITHDRAWN.
- Sealife Adventure is part of the Stockvale group of companies and each Annual Pass is only valid in the Southend-on-Sea Sealife Adventure.
- Each Annual Pass holder will be issued their own Annual Pass.
- The authorised Holder of the Annual Pass must show the Annual Pass at the Admissions or Customer Services desk on their arrival of each visit.
- Annual Passes are non-transferable and cannot under any circumstances be given away or sold to a third party.
- The Annual Pass entitles the holder to Admission to the Sealife Adventure Centre for a period of twelve months from the date of issue. Please check the opening times before your visit. The Management reserves the right to vary these times at any time and for any reason.
- Photocopies of Annual Passes will not be accepted.
- All Annual Passes remain the property of Miller Leisure Limited and can be withdrawn at any time. Access to the Sealife Adventure may be denied in the event of fraud or misuse and the Annual Pass can be withdrawn from any person whose conduct is deemed to be inappropriate at the absolute discretion of the Management.
- The Management reserve the right to refuse admission for any reason including full capacity.
- Failure to present a valid Annual Pass will result in a charge of the ‘on the day’ admission prices, which will be non-refundable.
- Annual Passes cannot be used in conjunction with any promotional offer, voucher or advance booking.
- Lost Annual Passes must be reported to the Customer Services Desk immediately.
- In the event of a lost Annual Pass, Sea-Life Adventure will re-issue a replacement card, up to two replacement cards can be issued during the validity period. An administration fee of £2per card will be charged for re-issue of lost cards.
- The Sea-Life Adventure Management is entitled, in its absolute discretion, to change the price payable for its Annual Passes at any time and for any reason.
- On presentation of an Annual Pass, pass holders are entitled to a 20% discount from the Gift Shop and restaurant. A 20% discount is also applicable for each family member or friend accompanying an Annual Pass Holder into the Zooquarium. Annual ticket holders must be present. 20% discount also applicable to the Adventure Island family outlets in addition to: Sands by the Sea Restaurant, Feelgoods Diner, The Green, The Three Shells Beach Cafe, Pavillion Fish and Chips and the Clarence Yard Restaurant. For full details, please contact Sealife Adventure Customer Services.
COVID-19 TERMS OF VISIT
By purchasing wristbands (whether online, on-site or other) the visitor certifies that they are aware of and accept the following Terms & Conditions regarding COVID-19.
- The visitor accepts responsibility for the COVID related risks whilst visiting the attraction.
- The visitor agrees that they are not vulnerable nor do they have any underlying health issues.
- The visitor agrees that they, nor anyone in their party are not showing any symptoms of COVID-19
- The visitor understands and accepts that the attraction reserves the right to refuse admission to any person showing signs or symptoms of COVID-19
- The visitor understands that there is a reduced capacity in the Zooquarium which may result in longer queues than usual
- The visitor understands that there are reduced entrances and exits and they may be required to queue to enter the Zooquarium
- The visitor understands that if they leave the premises and wish to return, they may be required to queue to be re-admitted
- The visitor agrees that their hygiene and sanitisation is their own responsibility
- The visitor agrees to follow all government social distancing guidelines at all times