Sealife Adventure is currently closed until further notice.
Your guide for a safe, fun day in accordance with government COVID-19 social distancing rules
Following government guidance, we have meticulously reviewed every part of the aquarium and have undertaken new measures to ensure everyone has a safe and enjoyable experience with us.
- We are not operating a pre-booking procedure, therefore visitors can come along whenever suits them. If you do book online, you can get up to 20% off, but you will still have to queue on entry.
- Our reduced capacity is based on the number of people in the building at any one time, rather than a capacity for the day as our experience is mainly inside and usually around 1hr-1.5hrs.
- As our journey is a strict one way system, visitors are leaving as others are arriving, making for a smooth queuing experience.
- We ask visitors to be patient as we appreciate you may need to queue for a little longer than usual, however our maximum wait times have been around 30 minutes on weekends. We have not turned any visitors away since re-opening. More info below!
Personal Protective Equipment
As of Saturday 8th August, any person entering Sealife Adventure will be required to wear a facial covering. Face masks will be available to purchase on arrival at Sealife Adventure for £0.30 each.
Only those under 11 years of age or those who are exempt are not required to wear these masks.
We would love you to visit, but please don’t if you have any symptoms that could be COVID-19 or if you are vulnerable or have underlying health issues. We will turn anyone away who may be showing COVID-19 symptoms.
To assist with Social Distancing guidelines, we will be reducing our usual capacity. This will help ensure that there is enough space around the centre, in queuing areas, food areas etc. for our guests and staff to social distance comfortably.
This may increase queuing times. All visitors are required to queue to enter if the capacity is reached, regardless of having an annual pass, online booking, entry voucher etc. If there are large queues for an attraction, you may wish to choose to visit when we are less busy.
Due to the reduced capacity, we will not be allowing fast-tracked re-entry to the centre if we have reached capacity. If you already have your wristband, you will be required to queue to re-enter the centre if you leave.
If multiple groups are meeting at Sealife Adventure, they must meet outside and queue together. One group cannot queue on behalf of another and this will be seen as queue-jumping.
Increased cleaning & sanitisation
As standard, there will be a massive increase to our already excellent cleaning and sanitisation efforts. We will be applying a food-safe, weather-resistant antibacterial undercoat to all frequently touched areas. This will cling to the surface and act as a safety blanket for 30 days. We will be reapplying this every 20 days to ensure it is always present.
COVID-19 specific training
All departments throughout the company, including the restaurants associated with it (Clarence Yard, Sands by the Sea, Three Shells, Feelgoods, The Britannia) and Adventure Island have completed extensive COVID-19 specific risk assessments to ensure that every possible aspect has been covered to keep our guests and staff safe. These risk assessments have been given to each and every member of staff to be studied, as well the staff being trained and signed off on the measures.
Social Distancing guidelines are in place all around the centre, including queuing areas, toilets, entrances and exits. To make this easier, there will be ground markings in queuing areas to encourage social distancing. Where there aren’t markings, be sure to keep a couple of steps away.
We will be using every other till at the cashier’s desk with queuing systems in place, allowing social distancing to be maintained.
We’re making it easier for you to get your wristbands for cheaper. We are allowing our wristbands to be booked and used on the same day, regardless of the time that they were booked. This is to not only save you money but to reduce the number of cash and card transactions in the centre, reducing the amount of contact between our staff and guests.
Online bookings are still open-ended, meaning that once they are booked, they can be used at any time in the next 3 months.
We are installing protective screens to limit staff and customer contact whilst completing transactions. Please note that we will still have to make contact when we fit your wristband. Our cashiers will sanitise their hands between transactions.
Reducing transaction contact
Wherever possible, we are encouraging purchases to be made with contactless transactions. The contactless limit has been increased from £30 to £45 to encourage and assist with this. Please note, we have a mobile contactless (ApplePay, AndroidPay etc.) limit of £45. If the purchase amount is over £45, use chip & pin instead.
Whilst we are still accepting cash, please only pay with cash as a last resort.
Please remember that this situation can be stressful and we are all in this together. We want all our guests to feel happy and safe, so please respect other visitors and staff during your visit.
COVID-19 Terms of visit
By purchasing wristbands (whether online, on-site or other) the visitor certifies that they are aware of and accept the following Terms & Conditions regarding COVID-19.
- The visitor accepts responsibility for the COVID related risks whilst visiting the attraction.
- The visitor agrees that they are not vulnerable nor do they have any underlying health issues.
- The visitor agrees that they, nor anyone in their party are not showing any symptoms of COVID-19
- The visitor understands and accepts that the attraction reserves the right to refuse admission to any person showing signs or symptoms of COVID-19
- The visitor understands that there is a reduced capacity in the aquarium which may result in longer queues than usual
- The visitor understands that there are reduced entrances and exits and they may be required to queue to enter the aquarium
- The visitor understands that if they leave the premises and wish to return, they may be required to queue to be re-admitted
- The visitor agrees that their hygiene and sanitisation is their own responsibility
- The visitor agrees to follow all government social distancing guidelines at all times
Online bookings have been temporarily suspended as our inside areas are closed.